My world - as I see it

Mainly used to showcase my art pieces now if they can be called such

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Food for thought

Stuck in IE class this early morning is really tiring. More so since this is a make up class... Such an early class to wake up to. Thank goodness the Prof's voice isn't the droning kind, lest I really fall asleep. Ok, anyway, this isn't the reason I am blogging. I mean, sure, this is an obvious blogging excuse since I am so bored anyway, hmmm... but the prob here is that I am not studying nor listening. If I come to class and listen attentively but not study, its still relatively ok since my learnin curve is highest with relation to listening. My learning abilities are low for readin, and yet I dun listen... not that I read either. Haha, a freshie was telling me "it's already 4th week!!", and a fellow faci was saying "aren't u in school? all my freshies are in school muggin now". This is the sad revelation of the inevitable change in SMU. Since the time that it was established, SMU has been marketed as a 'different' institute of education. We are supposed to have a more 'wholesome' life with respect to the activities that we are involved in like CCAs and stuff. However, as the years progress, it is evident that the mindless grade/paper chase that we as students have been so accustomed to since Secondary and JC days have been carried on to the next level of education, mainly University. Juniors outdo the seniors year after year by mugging harder and earlier. It is really madness seeing freshies studying/ mugging during the first week of school. Of course, its understandable that they might not have managed to change their mindset as yet, but even then, it is a phenomenon in itself that everyone of the freshies are this hardworking. Already u see people with their msn status left at 'busy' all night long till the wee hours of the morning. You see them as almost permeanant fixtures of the library till it closes, and ornamental lights hanging around school till late. I forsee that if this trend continues, we will be no 'different' from our counterparts. Don't get me wrong though. It is not as if I really bother. This is jus food for thought and it is something I have been wondering about. This is an obvious case of the rigidity and 'neck-grip' that the education system has on society. "Rise now, brainless by-products of the education system; exact ur EQ-less wrath on the general society u insidious embodiments of hardworking paper chasers." 'Nuff said, SMU's going to go on a downhill slide to a sad sad end. I hope I dun get to see it before I graduate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened upon your blog site by chance...and I'm glad I found it!
You've got some great stuff here. Way to go!
While surfing we also happened upon an

Unforgetable Sandals
website. If you, or someone you know, has an interest in Sandals,
please come and check it out. You'll Like -- We Promise!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home