My world - as I see it

Mainly used to showcase my art pieces now if they can be called such

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well then, classes have officially started and so far, its almost a joke, cos of the timetable. Macroecons is on Mon, Wed and Fri from 10am to 1050am. I have no connecting classes after that so basically I start my day early and end it early too. Entrepreneurship is on Tue and Thurs from 330pm to 445pm, so my Thurs starts in the middle of nowhere... Tues night I have Portfolio management at 6pm to 920pm so thats considered my long day. Lastly, and the most sucky I might add, is Microecons which is on SAT 8am to 1120am. This completely shuts down any plans to do travelling over the weekends, but oh well... as an exchange student who has already kinda taken these courses, I can afford to 'work around' the times *hint hint*.

The next thing that will kill all forms of travelling is the textbooks. I knew it was expensive here, but I didn't realise how expensive till I checked it out. Micro and Macro (basic) textbooks would cost $130.95 CAD each, Portfolio Management costs $178.95 CAD and lastly, Entrepreneurship costs $81.95 CAD which brings to a grand total of... $522.80 CAD without taxes. After taxes, its about $554.17 CAD and finally, $809.10 SGD... omg... what can I buy in SGP for that amount of money? I can buy the i-phone (which is simply beautiful by the way), I can get 147 comics at $5.50 each... basically, the amount I would have to spend on these 4 books is equivalent, if not more than, all the items I brought over to Canada, sans my lappie and camera and handphone. How do the people here survive? I don't understand why it should be so expensive here seriously... For the past 3 years I have never spent more than 100 SGD on books in any term... in fact I think I only spent a total of... 3, 4 hundred on books over the last 3 years? Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home