My world - as I see it

Mainly used to showcase my art pieces now if they can be called such

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Tort of Negligence

haha, the title of this post is really cheem, and that's exactly what I'm being forced to study right now.
" One must take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions which can reasonably forsee would be likely to injure one's neighbour, where the neighbour in question is a person who is so closely and directly affected by ones act that one ought reasonably to have them in contemplation whilst carrying out the acts."
Ha ha, now that I think about it, I can very well sue many people out there for tort of negligence, and one particular person who is making my life so confusingly miserable that I can't really seem to make up my mind. I actually intended to 'cease contact' as what my MSN nick was a few days back, but it seemed too much for me... Cheryl! I lost my bet with you, haha! I couldn't last 3 days, let alone the one month which we wagered for.
Maybe I should explain myself? After so many let downs and non-replies, one must agree to how miserable that can be. Hurled into the abyss of despair, thrown into a pit in which we can wallow in self-pity. Ok, that might seem a little too melodramatic, but I'm close, aren't I? I wanted to forget about it... until Monday. remember, it was just Friday that I resolved it. But the heart might be willing, whereas the flesh is weak. In this case, it might just be the other way round. So anyway, I was in school on Monday again, and I was off to lunch with Kristin, sulking whilst I was at it since I was still thinking about it. Then I saw her in the distance so I tried desperately to pretend I didn't see her. And while I was 'searching' my wallet for some 'thing', I waslked past her... and she called out my name. I had 2 choices then, to ignore and pretend I didn't hear, or to look up. Obviously, I took the latter option. And that's when I saw her beaming face, always so full of zest and happiness. I don't even remember now if I smiled in return or not... How then could I have resisted not contacting her again? *sigh* I contacted her on Tues, and as usual I recieved 1 hour late replies or none at all. Told me to meet her online, but she didn't appear... Called her earlier, but she didn't have time. Messaged her, and she still hasn't replied. To all you people out there, why am I sooo stupid? Can anyone explain why is it that I choose to continue with this hopeless chase?
I have spoken too much, and I am tired. Not because I'm sleepy, but because when I put my thoughts down in words, reality seems to have emboldened itself and is screaming out to me to wake up. A tiny step forward to embrace reality can save me countless hours of agony, but instead I choose to sink deeper in this mire of disbelief and sadness.
We see once again why I say I know of one person who can so aptly be accused for committing Tort of Negligence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home