My world - as I see it

Mainly used to showcase my art pieces now if they can be called such

Friday, September 21, 2007

sour snow

Brrr.. its gettin so much colder here, and its so erratic damn it. Like one day its fine and dandy, and by night time it suddenly gets cold, and the next morning, it snows! In September! When the sun still sets at 8pm and its just the beginning of Autumn, and its snowing! Wah... I mean it was real pretty and all, and it was my first time seeing snow, like literally falling around you, but still! It was so random I tell you. Ah well, many more days like this I assume.. the weather forecast for the next 2 weeks supposedly places Calgary in a temperature range of -2 to 10, with only 1 or 2 days past 17... Is it cold, or is it cold...

Anyway, well for the first time, I cooked for my room mate... well, kinda first time. Cos we all have this tendency to cook by ourselves. Like the French guy doesn't cook at all, one Jap guy cooks pre-cooked food like fish and chips, and the other guy, pretty much cooks anything. So this time, I figured that I should be nice and try to cook something Chinese, and binge off the roomie's rice while I'm at it. So well, since I had pork cutlets and all, I decided to cook Gu Lu Yo or sweet and sour pork. So I happily went to buy the pineapples and all, then today when I was cooking, I realised that I didn't have soy sauce, or cornstarch or sesame oil... Then after that, I realise that I din have the correct utensils to cook... so well, I had to improvise... salt and water for the soy sauce, and egg to sub for the cornstarchy texture, and well, I can do without the sesame oil. I had to use a pot which was a size too big, and I had to deep fry the pork with oil tat only covered half the pork. My room mate prob got scared off half way and retreated to his room. Oh well, I had to improvise all over, but in the end, thankfully, both of us had food to eat. In my opinion, it was a little too sour, but my roomie says its ok. Maybe he's just nice, I dunno, but we're guys so I doubt it. aha... well then, I'll probably start more chinese cooking while I'm here cos I found a place that sells Chinese food stuffs so yea... I hope I wun have such problems with improvisation after this...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

errr...its Gu Lou Youk

haha


drea

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home