My world - as I see it

Mainly used to showcase my art pieces now if they can be called such

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Warm days, blistering nights

It's been a good day today. Great weather and all. I could even go grocery shopping without having to put on a sweater,which is really a miracle of sorts. The only irritating part of today was the fire drill they had at 6am this morning... it was so sudden, and everyonewere just too disoriented this morning it was actually as amusing as it was irritaitng...

Oh I finally managed to boil rice here. Previously I did not buy rice cos it would have been too much, but now that I have rice, I had difficulty boiling it. The first time I tried, it got so bad that the rice just stuck to the bottom of the pot. Thankfully my Jap housemate was a rice expert and he taught me how to cook perfect rice haha. Perfect cos it went well with the Teppanyaki styled beef, bean sprouts and cabbage.. a decent meal for a change. I've been eating well of course, but just not really something I would consider a meal..

Anyway, this blog is getting too descriptive, quite unlike me I think.

Let's see what words I can muster,
to describe this cold and bluster,
without practice I'm all a fluster,
and no longer of words am I their master.

Wind, cold and piercing,
Sun, lost amongst the clouds;
Leaves fall asunder,
grass billows in wake;
a squirrel scampers from tree to tree,
with fear of winter looming,
hark the tell tale signs so obvious,
even in summer it doth start snowing.

A sudden glint,
a warm gleam,
the sun is back to save us;
ever strong,
ever silent,
the hero returns once more.

Alas for the sun however,
this battle is not his definite win;
the time is not upon us yet,
to cast the cold away for good.
We will wait,
as we have always,
in faith of his return.
As always we will wait.
Anon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wennie said...

Let me tell u wad we had for dinner.. our most satisfying dinner in hostel so far.. Curry Chicken with nice soft potatoes.. mapo tofu and garlic n butter mushroom... DAMN GD!!! we were all like so full aft dinner..

2:34 PM  
Blogger shawnie said...

wah, thats damn good lah! u and your carrefour shopping... I guess it was kus who cooked all that?

9:58 AM  
Blogger Wennie said...

nthg to do with carrefour shopping.. curry chicken with potatoes was courtesy of peiyan n shan er.. i did the mapo tofu with some packet sauce that the previous batch left behind.. tofu huiying n gang helped me buy from paris chinatown.. cant find tofu in carrefour.. kus did the mushrooms...

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home